Upcoming Events & Sources of Funds
The Second Chance Veterans Foundation & Veteran Entrepreneur Center will become self-sustainable after we raise $2.5 Million Dollars. The Second Chance Veterans Foundation has launched a series of fundraising & awareness campaigns to include:
- Veterans Appreciation Day in partnership with Chili’s Restaurant Locations in Port Orange, Deland, and Orange City. Every third Saturday of each month, this will be an ongoing event in collaboration with other Veteran Organizations, Sponsors, Non-Profit Organizations, with more locations added each month.
- Veteran Benefit Luncheons in collaboration with Florida Hospital, Halifax Hospice, Deland Memorial Gardens, and other partners to connect U.S. Veterans with opportunities, resources, and viral networks.
- September 30, 2017 Second Chance Veteran Golf Tournament at DeBary Golf & Country Club. Call now for reservations
- October18-21, 2017 We are planning a Veterans Appreciation Week & 2018 Harley Davidson Raffle Drawing during Biketoberfest with an expected 500,000 visitors.
- November 11, 2017 Veterans Benefit Concert at the Peabody Auditorium featuring Black Jacket Symphony performing Pink Floyd Dark Side of the Moon.
- Joint Fundraising Gala at Halifax Yacht Club
- Database of over 125,000 retirees who have worked with us before, many of whom are Veterans
- Governments Grants
- Private Grants
- Private Donations
- Other Foundations
- Fundraising Events
- Presentations at Veterans of Foreign Wars, Veterans Services Office, Military Officers Association of America, Disabled American Veterans, Navy League, church retirement groups, and many other civic organizations such as Rotary, Lions, and Kiwanis clubs.
How will it Sustain Itself?
The Second Chance Veterans Foundation will self-sustain itself once fully funded by sub-leasing the individual business locations to the LLC business partnerships within the Veterans Entrepreneur Center. The Foundation will also be reimbursed by the business partnerships within the VEC for services provided by the Business Support Team.
The Foundation will also have a full-time Financial Analyst that will seek out additional funding by underwriting and managing Government Grants, Private Grants, Government Contracts, VA Funding, SBA Financing, and other sources of funds